October 27, 2017 7:30 am
The ATO has established the ‘Business Assistance Program’ to help new business owners understand their tax obligations associated with running a business.
Small businesses that have recently registered for an ABN, registered for GST or likely to register for GST in the near future and have a turnover of less than $2 million a year can access this program.
The ‘Business Assistance Program’ offers tailored tax support over a 12 month period and can help with:
- Tax obligations based on your business structure
- Registering for GST and GST obligations
- Employer obligations
- Super obligations
- Record keeping requirements
- Understanding business activity statements
- Using the ATO’s digital services.
Within 48 hours of submitting the online registration form for the program, you will receive a welcome email containing tax topics, links to useful information and information about the program.
Categorised in: tax